Go Outside on an Adventure: Spring Day
If you are enjoying a Spring Day:
Go outside on a spring day and look for wildflowers.
- What flowers do you see?
- What colors are the flowers? Are they short or tall? What shape are they?
- Do you see an Indian Paintbrush?
- What animals or insects do you see near the flowers? Are they getting nectar from the flower or using it as protection?
- Take out your Nature Journal and record what you observe. Then sketch some of the flowers you saw today. Make sure to label your sketches and include the date and time.
- If there are plenty of the flowers, pick one to dry in your notebook. Go back home and look up the type of flowers you saw today and write them in your journal.