This page contains affiliate links. Please refer to the "Legal Stuff" page for more.
For this course we will be using the following classic British novels and plays. You can purchase them in digital, paperback, hardcover, and audio formats. They are also available at many local libraries.
Feel free to use as many of the book clubs as you would like to give your student a full-year of high school literature. You may find that there are more book clubs than your student needs for the year. Use these at your discretion.
- Animal Farm
- Murder On The Orient Express
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight translated by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Eagle of the Ninth
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- The Hound of the Baskervilles
- A Tale of Two Cities
- Tales from Shakespeare by Charles and Mary Lamb
We will also be using the following resources in our writing projects:
- The Norton Sampler: Seventh Edition edited by Thomas Cooley.
- Breakfast on Mars and 37 Other Delectable Essays edited by Rebecca Stern & Brad Wolfe
- Painless Grammar by Rebecca Elliott, Ph.D
- How To Teach Your Children Shakespeare by Ken Ludwig
You will also need a notebook or binder for your notes, vocabulary, and writing.