If this is your first book club....
We realize there is a lot of information provided. Do not let this overwhelm you. Feel free to skip any rabbit trails or magic dust projects that do not fit into your schedule or do not appeal to you.
We have provided you with enough information for several weeks' worth of study. However, this course is designed to be self-led. Please make it work for you -- whether that be over several weeks or several days.
What is included in each course?
- Reading and Vocabulary - Each book club includes age-appropriate reading assignments, copywork, and grammar.
- Rabbit Trail: In every online book club, we will go on rabbit trails of discovery. We will hop off the traditional roads of literature and meander down paths about pop culture, history, biographies, poetry, music, and more. We will take deep dives into some of the subjects touched on in the book and broaden our minds with new adventures.
- Magic Dust: We will also bring literature to life by sprinkling a bit of magic dust along the way. These hands-on projects will take us into the book. We will touch, see, feel and learn on our new adventures.
- Party School: At the end of our book club, we celebrate the book and its characters with food, decorations, and fun activities.
- Go Outside on An Adventure: In our nature book clubs, we will find ways to take an adventure and explore the world around us.
If you are a Charlotte Mason homeschooler, then chances are the words copywork and dictation have come up repeatedly in homeschool discussions. The late Charlotte Mason, an educator who inspired an entire homeschool philosophy, advocated copywork and dictation as two of the key components to educating children in language arts.