Judith Viorst is most well known for her books about Alexander, who is based on her son. However, she has several books of poetry we recommend reading.
Poetry Books We Recommend:
Links to these books can be found on the Resources page.
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- Alexander, Who Used to Be Rich Last Sunday
- Alexander, Who's Not (Do You Hear Me? I Mean It!) Going to Move
- If I Were in Charge of the World and Other Worries: Poems for Children and Their Parents
- What Are You Glad About? What Are You Mad About?: Poems for When a Person Needs a Poem
- Sad Underwear and Other Complications: More Poems for Children and Their Parents
- I'll Fix Anthony