This page contains affiliate links. Please refer to the "Legal Stuff" page for more.
For this course, we will be using the following novels. You can purchase them in digital, paperback, hardcover, and audio formats. They are also available at many local libraries.
Feel free to use as many of the book clubs as you would like to give your student a full year of middle school literature. You may find that there are more book clubs than your student needs for the year. Use these at your discretion.
- The Boys in the Boat (Young Readers Adaptation) by Daniel James Brown
- I am Malala: How One Girl Stood Up for Education and Changed the World (Young Readers Edition) by Malala Yousafzai with Patricia McCormick
- Number The Stars by Lois Lowry
- Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai
- Egg and Spoon by Gregory Maguire
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind, Young Reader's Edition by William Kamkwamba
- Revolution Is Not A Dinner Party by Ying Chang Compestine
You will also need a notebook or binder for your notes, vocabulary, and writing.