Read, Write, Learn
Estimated Time: 1 hour
- Stave 1
- Stave 2
- As you read, write down any sentences or paragraphs that you like or have special meaning to you in your journal. Choose at least one passage from each stave.
- Please pay attention to any words or phrases you don't understand and write them in your journal. Look up the meanings of these words.
- This month we'll be discussing Dicken's writing style, which is comprised of several different elements.
- We'll start with his use of Flashback.
- Read the article below about Flashbacks, and then look for these in your reading this week.
Definition, Usage and a list of Flashback Examples in common speech and literature. Defining flashback, Merriam Webster says that it is: "an interruption of the chronological sequence (as of a film or literary work) of an event of earlier occurrence".