For Those New To Literary Adventures for Kids
What IS an Online Book Club for Teens?
Online book clubs are literature courses that guide your student through reading novels while adding optional grammar, spelling, and writing. Each book club is made up of 4 weeks that are designed to be a month-long literature study. They are designed for students in high school.
What is included in each monthly online book club?
- Read, Write, Learn - Each course is broken into manageable reading assignments each week that include copywork and literary elements
- Vocabulary, Spelling, and Grammar - Every Online Book Club for teens includes the chance to learn vocabulary and spelling through copywork, dictation, and learning apps. We will also discuss different parts of grammar and use our reading to show examples.
- Questions to Ponder - Each week we provide thought questions to teach critical thinking and freewriting.
- Writing Project - We will also discuss literary elements found in the book and use our new knowledge for a month-long writing project.
- Show What You Know - This weekly wrap up allows the student to show their parent what they have learned over the week.
- Rabbit Trails - In every online book club, we will go on rabbit trails of discovery. We will hop off the traditional roads of literature and meander down paths about pop-culture, history, biographies, poetry, music and more. We will take deep dives into some of the subjects touched on in the book and broaden our minds with new adventures.
- Magic Dust - We will also bring literature to life by sprinkling a bit of magic dust along the way. These hands-on projects will take us into the book. We will touch, see, feel and learn on our new adventures.
- Party School - The pinnacle of the Online Book Club experience is the Party School! At the end of each literature study, we will celebrate the novel with a party. Invite friends or family over for food and fun! All the ideas for food, decorations, and activities are included.