Reading, Vocabulary and Grammar for this Lesson
Estimated Time: 1 hour
- Chapter I
- Chapter II
- Chapter III
- As you are reading, write down any sentences or paragraphs that you like or have special meaning to you in your journal.
- Pay attention to any words or phrases that you don't understand and write them in your journal. Look up the meanings of these words.
While you are reading, look for the following words. Write them in your notebook and use a dictionary to find the definition.
Spelling and Grammar:
You may choose a passage from the reading that you think is important and use it as your copywork, or you can use the selection below.
I showed the grown-ups my masterpiece, and I asked them if my drawing scared them.
They answered, "Why be scared of a hat?"
- Write it in neatly your journal.
- Be careful to punctuate and capitalize the way the author did and watch for spelling. If you make any errors, correct them.
- Study this passage this week until you are asked to dictate it to your teacher.
- This month our grammar will be about pronouns. Watch the video below about the eight different types of pronouns and then find all the pronouns words in the passage you just copied.
Share your favorite passage so far in the comments below.