Reading, Vocabulary and Grammar for this Lesson
- The Family Tree
- Part One, I Am Born
- As you are reading, write down any sentences or paragraphs that you like or have special meaning to you in your journal.
- Pay attention to any words or phrases that you don't understand and write them in your journal. Look up the meanings of these words.
Spelling and Grammar:
You may choose a passage from the reading that you think is important and use it as your copywork, or you can use the selection below.
Welcome home, my grandparents say.
Their warm brown
arms around us. A white handkerchief,
embroidered with blue
to wipe away my mother's tears. And me,
the new baby, set deep
inside this love.
- Write it in neatly your journal.
- Be careful to punctuate and capitalize the way the author did and watch for spelling. If you make any errors, correct them.
- Study this passage this week until you are asked to dictate it to your teacher.
- This month, our grammar will be about descriptive words. Watch the video below about descriptive writing and then find all the descriptive words in the passage you just copied.
Share your favorite passage so far in the comments below.