Reading, Vocabulary and Grammar for this Lesson
Estimated Time: 1 hour
- Part 1, 1975 through Birthday Wishes
- As you are reading, write down any sentences or paragraphs that you like or have special meaning to you in your journal.
- Pay attention to any words or phrases that you don't understand and write them in your journal. Look up the meanings of these words.
Spelling and Grammar:
You may choose a passage from the reading that you think is important and use it as your copywork, or you can use the selection below.
Brother Quang races home
throws down his bicycle,
no longer able to afford
gasoline for his moped.
- Write it in neatly your journal.
- Be careful to punctuate and capitalize the way the author did and watch for spelling. If you make any errors, correct them.
- Study this passage this week until you are asked to dictate it to your teacher.
- This month, our grammar will be about verbs. Watch the videos below about action verbs and subject-verb agreement then find all the verbs in the passage you just copied.
Share your favorite passage so far in the comments below.