Reading, Vocabulary, and Grammar for this Lesson
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- As you are reading, write down any sentences or paragraphs that you like or have special meaning to you in your journal.
- Pay attention to any words or phrases that you don't understand and write them in your journal. Look up the meanings of these words.
Spelling and Grammar:
You may choose a passage from the reading that you think is important and use it as your copywork, or you can use the selection below.
"When will there be cupcakes again?"
"When the war ends," Mrs. Johansen said. She glanced through the window, down to the street corner where the soldiers stood, their faces impassive beneath the metal helmets. "When the soldiers leave."
- Write it in neatly your journal.
- Be careful to punctuate and capitalize the way the author did and watch for spelling. If you make any errors, correct them.
- Study this passage this week until you are asked to dictate it to your teacher.
- This month, our grammar will be about the eight parts of speech. Watch the video below describing these parts of speech and then find all the parts of speech in the passage you just copied.
Share your favorite passage so far in the comments below.