Reading, Vocabulary and Grammar for this Lesson
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- As you are reading, write down any sentences or paragraphs that you like or have special meaning to you in your journal.
- Pay attention to any words or phrases that you don't understand and write them in your journal. Look up the meanings of these words.
Spelling and Grammar:
You may choose a passage from the reading that you think may be important and use it as your copywork or you can use the selection below.
Once upon a time, many years ago--when our grandfathers were little children--there was a doctor; and his name was Dolittle--John Dolittle, M.D.
- Write it in neatly your journal.
- Be careful to punctuate and capitalize the way the author did and watch for spelling. If you make any errors, correct them.
- Study this passage this week until you are asked to dictate it to your teacher.
- To learn more about semicolons that are used in this passage, watch the video below.
Share your favorite passage so far in the comments below.