Read, Write, Learn
Estimated Time: 2.5 - 3 hours
- Chapters 1-3
- Create a character list and add new characters as you read.
- You can use the Character List in the [Lesson Plans and Printable Resources] section.
- As you are reading this week, write down examples for each character of characteristics/traits that you can infer based on Steinbeck's descriptions or dialogue.
- Write down any sentences or paragraphs that you like or have special meaning to you in your journal.
- Pay attention to any words or phrases that you don't understand and write them in your journal. Look up the meanings of these words.
- Read this article to understand the point of view of this story.