Reading, Vocabulary and Grammar
- Chapter 1
- As you are reading, write down any sentences or paragraphs that you like or have special meaning to you in your journal.
- Pay attention to any words or phrases that you don't understand and write them in your journal. Look up the meanings of these words.
Spelling and Grammar:
- You may choose a passage from the reading that you think is important and use it as your copywork or you can use the selection below.
The clock was still saying five minutes to eleven when Pooh and Piglet set out on their way half an hour later.
- Write it in your journal neatly.
- Be careful to punctuate and capitalize the way the author did and watch for spelling. If you make any errors, correct them.
- Study this passage this week until you are asked to dictate it to your teacher.
- Watch the video below to learn more about the parts of a sentence that we will be learning this month.
Share your favorite passage in the comments below.