Read, Write, Learn
Estimated Time: 3 hours
- Chapters 1-4
When studying a biography or autobiography, the reader needs to determine 2 things:
- the author's purpose for writing the book - to inform, to persuade or to entertain
- the author's effectiveness based on the purpose
- Write down any passages that have special meaning to you in your notebook. If you are willing, share one here in the comments!
- As you are reading, look for examples from the text to support the 3 possible purposes for writing an autobiography. Keep a chart or notes of the examples that you find that support your determination.
- Also, during your reading, write down the major characters' names along with phrases from the story that describe them. Include your own thoughts or questions about the characters that you have while reading. You will use this information in your writing assignment for the week.