Magic Dust: Ginger Cakes
Estimated Time: 1 hour
Washington sees his young mistresses eating ginger-cakes. He said, "then and there I resolved that, if I ever got free, the heights of my ambition would be reached if I could get to the point where I could secure and eat ginger-cakes in the way that I saw those ladies doing."
For this project you will need:
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (105 grams) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (80 grams) unsulphured molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (260 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (3 grams) ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons (4 grams) ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 gram) ground cloves
- additional sugar for decoration
Watch this video to see how these yummy cookies are made!
How did your ginger cakes taste? Enjoy your ginger cakes while you work on your writing assignment this week.