Show What You Know
Estimated Time: 30-40 minutes
Dictate one of the passages you copied in your journal from Read, Write, Learn.
- Be careful to punctuate and capitalize correctly and watch for spelling. If you make any errors, correct them.
If you have never used dictation before:
- Dictation just means the student writes the copywork from memory while the teacher reads it aloud. The student should be familiar enough with the passage to accurately spell, capitalize and punctuate the passage.
- Use the capitalization rules you learned to correct the two passages below.
- Check your work by comparing it to the passage in Chapter 1 of your book.
- Check your work by comparing it to the passage in Chapter 3 of your book.
Take a vocabulary test using Quizlet.