Banned Books Literature Series for Teens ~ A High School Course
A Language Arts Curriculum and Literary Adventure All-In-One!
- Are you ready to challenge your teen's thinking?
- Would your teen be excited to read books that are banned by the "powers that be"?
- Does an entire year of high school literature planned for you with no workbooks to print or hard-to-understand instruction manual sound like a just what you are looking for?
Hi, I'm Dachelle. I am the owner of Literary Adventures for Kids and I want to help you to teach high school literature in a way that is easy for you and fun for your teen.
Don't let the idea of teaching high school intimidate you.
We've done all the work for you!
This literature course covers all you need for a full high school language arts credit. Your student will study literature, literary elements, grammar, and writing.
And the best part?
You don't have to do a thing! It's all done for you!
The Answer to your Language Arts Curriculum Worries:
Get started now!
- A Study of TWELVE Classics that have been banned by libraries, school systems and governments
- A Study of Literary Elements
- A Party School to Celebrate Each Book
- Lesson Plans for Weekly or Monthly Book Clubs
- Writing Instruction of Essays and Fiction Stories
- Grammar, Spelling and Vocabulary Instruction
- Fun elements like Rabbit Trails and Magic Dust
- Abbreviations, Symbols, Numbers, and Emphasis
- Dashes and Hyphens
- Parallel Structure, Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers
- Punctuation of Dialogue
- Subject/Verb Agreement
- Types of Sentences, Coordination, and Subordination
- Dramatic Irony
- Metaphor, Simile
- Plot Arc
- Point of View
- Simile and Metaphor
- Character Analysis
- Comparison Essay
- Conflict Essay
- Fiction Story
- Motif/Theme Essay
- Murder Mystery Story
- Freewriting Essay
- Theme Essay
Take a sneak peek into the series by clicking on one of the courses below and then clicking on the blue Preview button.
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: $230
Get started now!
What is in an Online Book Club?
We will go on rabbit trails of discovery. We will hop off the traditional roads of literature studies and meander down paths about pop-culture, history, biographies, poetry, music and more. We will take deep dives into some of the subjects touched on in the book and broaden our minds with new adventures.
We will also bring literature to life by sprinkling a bit of magic dust along the way. These hands-on projects will take us into the book through science, art, games and more. We will touch, see, feel and learn about the book through the activities.
Vocabulary & Grammar
Every Family Online Book Club includes the chance to learn spelling and grammar through copywork and dictation. We will also discuss literary elements found in the book and use our new knowledge for a writing project.
The pinnacle of the Family Online Book Club experience is the Party School! At the end of each literature study, we will celebrate the book with a party. Invite friends or family over for food and fun! All the ideas for food, decorations, and activities are included.
Get started now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Chantelle is a homeschooling mom to 6, with two graduates! She has homeschooled all ages from preschool through high school. With a desire to educate her children in a way that appeals to their learning styles, she has learned to embrace technology and use it to enrich their studies. She has successfully made the classics appealing and relevant to the high school crowd through the effective use of technology and modern culture.
Don't Wait Another Day: Start Your Book Club Today!