This page contains affiliate links. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions page to learn how Literary Adventures for Kids profits from affiliate links.
For this course, we recommend the following resources:
- 3 Ring Binder to create a Poetry Notebook with 3 tabs. *See below for recommendations of how to set this up.
- Lined notebook paper
- Highlighters or Colored Pens/Pencils
- (Optional) Index cards to record your trivia questions.
- Poetry Matters by Ralph Fletcher. This one will be used for the full course so I recommend purchasing your own copy.
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge: The Complete Works
- Dylan Thomas, Selected Poems
- Poetry for Young People books:
- William Blake,
- Edgar Allan Poe,
- Walt Whitman,
- Alfred Lord Tennyson,
- Langston Hughes,
- William Wordsworth,
- William Butler Yeats,
- Robert Frost.
The books required for the course can also be found at your local library. You will need these books before you start the lessons for the corresponding poet.