This page contains affiliate links. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions page to learn how Literary Adventures for Kids profits from affiliate links.
For this course, we recommend the following resources:
- Grammar book, The Perfect English Grammar Workbook. You can find it on Kindle Unlimited for free.
- 3 Ring Binder to create a Poetry Notebook with 3 tabs. *See below for recommendations of how to set this up.
- Lined notebook paper
- Highlighters or Colored Pens/Pencils
- (Optional) Index cards to record your trivia questions.
- Poetry Matters by Ralph Fletcher. This book will be used for the full course so I recommend purchasing your own copy.
Recommended Books, Not Required:
We recommend the following Poetry for Young People books because the biography portion is geared towards kids but these specific books are not required to utilize the course.
Poetry for Young People books:
- William Blake,
- Edgar Allan Poe,
- Walt Whitman,
- Alfred Lord Tennyson,
- Langston Hughes,
- William Wordsworth,
- William Butler Yeats,
- Robert Frost.
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Other Recommended Books:
Here is a list of the movies we will be watching during this course: