This page contains affiliate links. Please refer to the "Legal Stuff" page for more.
- Grammar instructions are provided in each week's lesson. You will find these in the Vocabulary, Spelling, and Grammar sections.
Resources Needed for Magic Dust Projects:
Project One, Peroxide Experiment
- Lemon Juice
- Hair Swatches of light brown or darker hair that has not been chemically treated (at least 3 from one person) - you can get these from a local beauty salon
- Hydrogen peroxide based developer - you can get this at a local beauty supply store
- Hair lightener (powder or cream) - you can get this at a local beauty supply store
- Plastic or glass bowl. Make sure it has no metal.
- Stiff brush about 1 1/2 inches wide
- Aluminum foil
Warning: Hydrogen Peroxide can cause burns. Please get parent permission and use safety gloves and safety glasses while performing this experiment.
Project Two, Bake a Chocolate Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon + a dash of salt
- 6 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar