Read, Write, Learn
Estimated Time: 2.5 - 3 hours
- Chapters 1-3
- As you are reading, write down any sentences or paragraphs that you find shocking, profound, or that you like in your journal. Choose at least one passage from each chapter.
- Pay attention to any words or phrases that you don't understand and write them in your journal. Look up the meanings of these words.
- Make a character list and add details and notes about each character as you are reading.
- Learn about foreshadowing by reading this definition. Write the definition in your notebook and make a list of examples that you think might be foreshadowing as you are reading.
- Watch this video about narrator point of view. As you are reading, determine what point of view this story is written from. Be sure to write down evidence from your text to support your answer.